Saturday, May 9, 2009

Intervention


There is a program called Intervention. It aires on A&E on Monday night. Unfortunately it aires at the same time as CBS Big Bang Theory. Very funny show, however back to intervention. If you don’t know the program, here is a quick recap. You follow an addict for a time, before family and professionals stage an intervention and ( hopefully) sends the addict to rehab, where they will get clean and learn new way of coping with their issues.

It saddens me to watch the amount of pain these people are in. But it also makes me think, well I am not that bad. Is that really true. I may not need an intervention and I haven’t yet blacked out, but I could use a support group. I just haven’t found the right one for me. A few come close. Overeaters anonymous. Well, I have put on 10 pounds since being here, but more of that later. But I am not one of those who eat buckets and buckets of KFC, ice cream, cookies, or burgers.

No I am a cheese - aholic.

I love cheese. The stronger the better. I love the ones that smells like they should have been thrown out long time ago.

The thing is, I just can have one slice of cheese on a piece of toast. Well that depends. What is considered a slice? To me a couple of inches would be a slice. If I buy a packet of precut I will just put several pieces on.

I normally make sandwiches for Mike for his lunch. At one time he did get cheese on top of the cold cut, but not any more. If cheese is in the house, it wont stay long. It goes straight to my hips via my mouth and stomach.

So I have given myself an intervention. I haven’t had cheese in the house for a long time and I really really miss it. I know that if it is in the house I will eat it. But I found a way to outsmart myself, as a true cheese-aholic would. I kept buying blue cheese dressing. So now I have intervened.

For 30 days I will not have blue cheese dressing. Not quite sure what to do with the bottle I have got. Have to give it away. Too tempting. Or maybe just ask Mike to hide it. It may not sound like much, but this is going cold turkey for me.

I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment